Human centered design is an approach to problem solving that develops solutions to problems by involving the human perspective in all steps of the problem-solving process. You will go through an interactive process of empathizing with the stakeholders of a problem, figure out and define a focused area to come up with solution ideas, ideate on solutions and create a prototype to solve that problem.
After completing this foundation course, learners will be able:
- to understand basic concepts of humancentric design thinking and will be able to apply this concept in all aspects of personal and professional life.
- to challenge predefined assumptions and think outside of the box to bring innovative solutions through use of creative problem-solving technique all while staying pivoted to deep understanding of the person or subject for whom solutions are being created.
- Understanding Design thinking
- What is design thinking?
- Where can this be used.
- Benefits of design thinking.
- Breakdown of design thinking methodology.
- Understanding of key subject.
- How to dig deeper.
- Understanding motivation and environment.
- Separating facts and assumptions.
- Define problem
- Analyzing observations.
- Defining problem with a different perspective.
- Rewriting a problem statement
- Techniques of Ideation
- Idea funnel.
- Quantity to Quality.
- Creation of storyboard.
- What is a prototype?
- How to build prototype.
- Nonlinear and iterative process.