MOBILIZING YOUTH CLIMATE CATALYST
A project of:
Youth Climate Catalyst is a progressive youth-led grassroots network working with communities to fight climate change through the onset of various projects and action-oriented approaches. This overall project examines the main causes and impacts of climate change and provides a deeper understanding of the current climate situation. The project focuses on positive actions we can take as individuals and as a community to combat climate change and call for climate action. The project overall works on developing youth catalysts who will work in their community to address climate issues & environmental problems.
Only 20 Youths will be selected for the first batch, then they will attend the 3-day residential workshop titled – “Green Solution Training for Youth Climate Catalysts”. Then, they get the opportunity to work on their solutions & ideas for environmental problems/issues they have identified. They will get the opportunity to work in their own community and bring green solutions to mitigate climate & other environmental issues through their green solutions.
– Application Opening – YCC
– YCC Promotion in 10 municipalities
– Selection of 20 Youth Climate Catalysts (Aged 18 – 29)
– Residential Training Conduction for 1st Batch
– Idea Preparation, Refinement & Distribution of Financial Grant to Batch 01
– Coordinate with 20 youth catalysts to form a group of 25 youths on their own in their respective provinces.
– Selection of 1 group successor from each 20 YCC
– Finalization of 20 new Youth Climate Catalysts
– One-day review of Batch 01 – 20 Youth Climate Catalyst on their works and learnings.
– Residential Training Conduction for 2nd Batch
– Facilitate in choosing 10 local representatives from the local governments as mentors for the climate catalysts.
– Idea Preparation, Refinement & Distribution of Financial Grant to Batch 02
– Monitoring and Guidance to the Youth Climate Catalyst
– Final Report & Project Closure
– To make youth understand their role in climate change and mitigation activities.
– To empower the youth in active participation in learning and implementing projects in their community.
– To help youth and social groups acquire values and practical skills for climate action plans.
– To help the youth to understand the complex nature of climate change and be responsible for solving the environmental in-comings.
Namobuddha Municipality, Kavre
Ghorahi Sub Metropolitan City, Dang
Lalitpur Metropolitan City, Lalitpur
Halesi Tuwachung Municipality, Khotang
Duhabi Municipality, Sunsari
Waling Municipality, Syangja
Tilottama Municipality, Rupandehi
Lahan Municipality, Siraha
Madi Municipality, Chitwan
Buddhiganga Municipality, Bajura
Application Deadline: January 31, 2023
Excellent Speaking and written Nepali and working level in the English language,
Previous experience of working in the development sector or volunteering is an advantage,
Ability to work in collaboration with the local government,
Proven spirit of volunteerism or community involvement,
Basic computer knowledge including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft,
Absolute time commitment till July 2023.
Additional knowledge and skill
Communication, leadership, teamwork, project planning knowledge and skills.
Who can apply for YCC?
Aged 18-28 years, with at least completion of +2 education or fresh bachelor graduate is preferred.
Youths from the selected 10 municipalities.
Out of 20 Youth Climate Catalysts (50% female) will be ensured.
The participation of women, socially excluded marginalized groups, a person with disabilities, and youth from gender and sexual minorities are highly encouraged to apply.
Why be part of YCC?
– Development of skills to work through training, guidance & mentorships.
– Opportunity to work in your local community.
– Exploration of green ideas & solutions to ensure environmental protection.
– Opportunity to receive grants for the implementation of your green ideas.
Announcement of 20 Youth Climate Catalysts: February 20, 2023
Residential Green sessions for YCC Participants: March 03 – March 05, 2023 (Tentative)