Why take this course on Restarting Domestic Tourism?
- Understanding of the Current Situation & the nature of the Crisis and Review of Operational Experience during Lockdown Experience
- Learn about the current Policies and Protocols to follow restarting tourism
What will you learn from this course?
- Identify and understand the current situation most likely to dive into innovations and collaborative approaches for tourism recovery.
- Frame your tourism offer more creatively and effectively for local audiences.
- Produce and implement place marketing campaigns to stand out in a competitive market
Tourism is a significant part of our economy, and the immediate and immense shock to the tourism sector resulting from the coronavirus pandemic is affecting the wider economy. We are now entering a new phase in fighting the virus while at the same time managing the re-opening of the tourism economy. This is a complex and challenging task, and quantifying the impact on the tourism economy is difficult. This course will guide you to discover winning strategies to promote domestic tourism with a specific focus on domestic tourism marketing. This is a special course for those who would like to reboot their tourism business and also for the ones who would like to execute new business in the tourism industry or someone who is involved in the tourism industry.
Skills You will Learn:
Leadership, Marketing, Problem-Solving,
Communication Skills, with a strong customer focus
IT Skills, Presentation Skills, Analytical Skills
Interpersonal & Intrapersonal Skills
Know your Trainer:
Mr. Deepak Raj Joshi served as the Chief Executive Officer of the Nepal Tourism Board (National Tourism Organization of Nepal) from December 2016 – December 2019. During his 20 years of work experience in destination management, tourism promotion, and Public-Private partnerships, Mr. Joshi has worked with many levels of tourism professionals of Nepal and also has a good network with top international partners. Mr. Joshi also has a special interest in the sustainable tourism development sector and was an Executive Council Member of Bird Conservation Nepal from 2009 to 2014 and he has also served at Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) being in the Executive Board and Chairperson for Destination Committee-PATA.
Course Duration: 6 hours (3 days)