Starting 30th April 2021
Are you concerned about climate change? Would you like to learn how to address and respond to this challenge? If so, this workshop is for you.
Why Mover’s Workshop on Climate Action?
- Identify individual, community, actions you can engage in to effectively address and respond to climate change.
- Workshop gives quite exclusive learning about climate science and makes you think about how you can use this knowledge in your personal and professional domain as concrete action.
- Learn how to take joint action to understand and address climate change impacts in your landscape or work.
- Capture the knowledge and experience gained by those working on engaging communities in action, in order to develop recommendations on how this can be done most successfully in relation to climate action.
What will you learn?
- SDG Goal No.13: Climate Action Targets & Goals.
- Ways to reduce greenhouse gas emissions cost-effectively.
- Explore ways to take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.
- Explore the linkages between climate change and sustainable development.
Climate action means stepped-up efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and strengthen resilience and adaptive capacity to climate-induced impacts, including climate-related hazards in all countries; integrating climate change measures into national policies, strategies, and planning; and improving education, awareness-raising, and human and institutional capacity with respect to climate change mitigation, adaptation, impact reduction and early warning.
It is a 2-hours interactive and participatory workshop whose purpose is to equip learners with the skills that will assist them to broaden their understanding of Climate Change. For everyone interested in climate change, this is the opportunity to know more about SDG13: Climate Action, to dive deeper into the causes, and explore how you can take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.
Mover’s Workshop is initiated by UNDP Youth Co: Lab to create a community of volunteers who can take action by organizing Movers Workshop. The workshop aims to inspire and guide young people across Nepal to take positive action against climate change. The module is designed with a train-the-trainer methodology, so after attending this workshop, you can conduct similar workshops with your community members too!
Skills You’ll Learn:
- Communication Skills
- Management Skills
- Team Work
- Decision Making Skills
Know your Facilitator:
Mr. Lokesh Khadaka, Aspiring Mover, Nepal
Mr. Lokesh Khadaka strongly believes in “Learning by Doing” and he has been contributing to Quality Education, getting involved in lots of activities and platforms to learn and share. He has been recognized as “25under25 Youth Champions” in Quality Education category by Youth Opportunities Nepal on August 12, 2020. He serves as the President of Universal Business Club; an in-house club of Universal College which aims to enhance business and leadership skills by connecting students with entrepreneurs, business leaders, bankers, & other experienced personalities in a relative field. He was also the event lead at Kathmandu Youth Conclave, a student-led national level event which live by “Inspiring Youth, Leading Nation”
Ms. Fazah Firnas, Aspiring Mover, Bangladesh
Ms. Fazah is a 14-year-old young innovator who has initiated a program called AAT; which teaches the audience by bringing out unique motivational points and wonderful ideas of people. The program focuses on positive changes and helps to avoid such anti activities like polluting, creating conflicts, and other negative human activities and help people to succeed in their precious life instead of wasting and help them to face all the obstacles throughout their life. She is also one of the top 6 finalists of Glocal Teen Hero Sri Lanka, 2020.
Workshop Duration: 2 hours
|SDG Goal No.13: Climate Action Targets & Goals|
|Linkage between climate change and sustainable development.|
|Urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.|
No Reviews found for this course.