Starts June 27, 2021
Why attend this session?
· In developing the Education 2030 Agenda, it became clear that education systems require solutions to help prepare students for the challenges of today’s world.
· The education empower learners of all ages to assume active role, both locally and globally and make informed decisions in building a more sustainable future through peaceful, tolerant, inclusive, and secure societies.
What you’ll learn?
· Introduction to Education for Sustainable Development (ESD)
· Rethinking & refining educational procedures
· Developing Teaching Skills in 21st century
· Positive changes in teaching pedagogy.
Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) empowers learners of all ages with the knowledge, skills, values and attitudes to address the interconnected global challenges we are facing, including climate change, environmental degradation, loss of biodiversity, poverty and inequality.
Learning must prepare students and learners of all ages to find solutions for the challenges of today and the future. Education should be transformative and allow us to make informed decisions and take individual and collective action to change our societies and care for the planet.
The session covers some important skills required for a 21st Century teacher from making their social media presence stronger to applying integrated teaching in their classrooms. It will also discuss on the change process should we start adopting in education/schools, etc. The webinar will explain on the various issues humanity, including the very earth is facing, and who could these issues be tackled through education, how we can start rethinking about education and refining our educational procedures.
Skills you’ll learn:
- Growth Mindset
- Teaching Skills
Know your Trainer:
Mr. Parshuram S. Niraula is the Director/Educator at Smart Minds. He have a long experience in education sector (including school administration and management), project management and strong organizational and administrative skills. He is also passionate about training teachers, Education, Environment Education and Education for Sustainable Development (EE/ESD); Development issues, Children, Youth and Gender empowerment; and Environment preservation. He is also the Founder Chairman/Executive Director of the Centre for Environment Education Nepal (CEEN), a national NGO committed to the promotion and dissemination of EE/ESD in Nepal.
Session Duration:2 hours