Why take Movers Workshop on Storytelling?
- The workshop will introduce you to the tools and techniques that will help you bring your vision to life and create stories that influence and inspire.
- In this workshop, you’ll learn how to shape your idea into a story. You’ll create a story brief, iterate and evolve your story, and hone your tone and style.
- Reflect and understand your life through storytelling by learning storytelling techniques and connect with youth from around the region within the Movers Community.
What you’ll learn?
- Understand the meaning and benefits of using Storytelling techniques
- Reflect and understand your life through storytelling
- Learn storytelling techniques and tell your own stories
- Receive the opportunity to become a Mover and conduct similar Movers Workshops within your own community.
The Movers Workshop: Tell Your Own Story is a 2-hour interactive workshop about storytelling, self-awareness and building-trust, developed by Youth Co:Lab as part of the Movers Programme.
The Movers Programme is a regional movement of volunteers who develop SDGs awareness, entrepreneurial mindsets and 21st-century skills by conducting localized training at a grassroots level. The Movers Programme uses a training-of-trainer approach and works with community partners to target harder-to-reach groups and support Youth Co:Lab’s objective to leave no youth behind.
The Movers Workshop consists of a series of activities such as facilitated group and plenary discussions, self-reflection exercises, simulations and short presentations. It also comes with curated pre and post-workshop resources to get participants more engaged with storytelling.
Skills you’ll learn:
Know your Trainer:
Ms. Sirajam Munira is an Aspiring Mover from Bangladesh. She is working as a content creator for Bangladesh Flying Lab and Youth school for social Entrepreneurs. She wants to see a world with a zero poverty line, zero unemployment, and full of skilled and resourceful person and working towards achieving that dream.
Mr. Arnold Querubin is an Aspiring Mover from the Philippines. As a Past President and Past Governor of the organizations he was part of, he believes that he can go further as a Young Changemaker through the Movers Programme.
Workshop Duration: 2 hours