Workshop Date: September 20, 2021
Are you concerned about climate change? Would you like to learn how to address and respond to this challenge? If so, this workshop is for you.
Why take Mover’s Workshop on Climate Action?
· Identify individual, community, actions you can engage in to effectively address and respond to climate change.
· Learn how to take joint action to understand and address climate change impacts in your society
· Capture the knowledge and experience gained by those working on engaging communities in action, in order to develop recommendations on how this can be done most successfully in relation to climate action.
What will you learn?
· SDG Goal No.13: Climate Action Targets & Goals.
· Ways to reduce greenhouse gas emissions cost-effectively.
· Explore ways to take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.
· Enhance stepped – up efforts to reduce greenhouse emissions.
· Learn about climate change mitigation, adaptation, and impact reduction
· Explore the linkages between climate change and sustainable development.
· Connect with youth from around the region within the Movers Community.
Movers Workshop on Climate Action is a 2-hour interactive and participatory workshop to learn about the causes and consequences of climate change. This workshop is being organized in support of Intercultural Education (ICE).
For everyone interested in climate change, this is the opportunity to know more about SDG13: Climate Action, to dive deeper into the causes, and explore how you can take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts. The workshop therefore aims to inspire and guide young people across Nepal to take positive action against climate change. The module is designed with a train-the-trainer methodology, so after attending this workshop, you can conduct similar workshops with your community members too!
Skills You’ll Learn:
Decision Making Skills
Know your Facilitators:
Mr. Lokesh Khadaka, Mover Facilitator, Nepal
Mr. Lokesh Khadaka strongly believes in “Learning by Doing” and he has been contributing to Quality Education, getting involved in lots of activities and platforms to learn and share. He has been recognized as “25under25 Youth Champions” in Quality Education category by Youth Opportunities Nepal on August 12, 2020. He serves as the President of Universal Business Club; an in-house club of Universal College which aims to enhance business and leadership skills by connecting students with entrepreneurs, business leaders, bankers, & other experienced personalities in a relative field.
Mr. Sagar Koirala, Movers Community Builder, Nepal
Mr. Sagar Koirala is an SDG 13, Climate Change and Youth Activist based in Nepal. He has been advocating for Climate Action and Agenda 2030 since past few years. Winner of Hidden Eco Hero award, Sagar is an aspiring entrepreneur and an agriculture graduate.
Workshop Duration: 2 hours
Workshop Cost: Free