“Are your online students engaged and learning?”
Teachers are currently using several online tools to deliver their lectures. Concerns have been expressed whether students behind the muted microphones and muted videos are participating during the lesson and learning.
The course is therefore about aiding teachers to address these concerns and adopt pedagogy/andragogy methods that can be effectively delivered online to install student-centered learning methodologies where students feel engaged and motivated. At the end of the online class, the students should have a feeling of satisfaction and come out with the intention to learn more.
This course will not only demonstrate but also guide you to make your virtual classes more engaging, interactive while generating interest among your students.
- Day 1: Engaging Students Online
- Day 2: Assigning Pair Work
- Day 3: Assessing Learning
Why should you participate in this course?
- If you have questions about the effectiveness of your online teaching methods.
- If you want to engage your students online and help them learn.
Course Learning Outcomes/Benefits:
You will learn how to:
- launch your online class (e., engage students right from the start of lecture)
- receive students’ feedback (e., whether the students are following the lecture and learning)
- get students to ask questions (e., student questions show that students are engaged and learning)
- engage your online students in peer teaching (e., peers helping peers is an effective way to learn)
- get students involved in online activities/active learning (e., without subject based activities learning may be superficial and short term)
To join the course, please fill up the registration form by clicking the link: https://forms.gle/4wQ2GKruCNzUVaJr5
- You need to join the course using either a desktop or a laptop.
- Ensure a good & stable Internet connection.
- It is better if you have a gmail.com account.
- Kindly make sure that your webcam/device camera & microphone is turned off during the workshop. You may turn the microphone ON if the facilitator permits.
- It is mandatory to answer each question posed by the facilitator. If you do not know what to do please send a chat message or ask a question.
- The participants will get their certificates after completing the feedback form and brief assignment at the end of the workshop.