Workshop Date: September 30, 2021
Would you like to understand the global climate target & level up your understanding of SDG 13?
Why attend Mover’s Workshop on Climate Action – Level 2?
· Identify individual, community, actions you can engage in to effectively address and respond to climate change.
· Learn how to take joint action to understand and address climate change impacts in your landscape or work.
· The workshop will also introduce the Global Climate Target.
What will you learn?
· Understand and explain the big picture around SDG 13, its fundamental components and its history.
· Explain the importance of climate change on society and the impact of inequality.
· Dive deeper into the causes and consequences
· Understand how you can take action for the climate.
· Understand better the global framework to prevent dangerous climate change
· Explore further pathways to take climate action
· Connect with youth from around the region within the Movers Community.
· Receive the opportunity to become a Mover and conduct similar Movers Workshops within your own community.
Movers Workshop on Climate Action- Level 02 is a 2-hours interactive and participatory workshop organized to Dive deeper into the causes and consequences of climate change. It will also relate more at a personal and collective level, actions that can be taken, and this session will make you understand the global framework to prevent dangerous climate change. Mover’s Workshop is initiated by UNDP Youth Co: Lab in support of Intercultural Education (ICE).
The workshop aims to inspire and guide young people across Nepal to take positive action against climate change. The module is designed with a train-the-trainer methodology, so after attending this workshop, you can conduct similar workshops with your community members too!
Skills You’ll Learn:
- Communication Skills
- Management Skills
- Team Work
- Decision Making Skills
Know your Facilitators:
Mr. Lokesh Khadaka, Mover Facilitator, Nepal
Mr. Lokesh Khadaka strongly believes in “Learning by Doing” and he has been contributing to Quality Education, getting involved in lots of activities and platforms to learn and share. He has been recognized as “25 under25 Youth Champions” in Quality Education category by Youth Opportunities Nepal on August 12, 2020. He serves as the President of Universal Business Club; an in-house club of Universal College which aims to enhance business and leadership skills by connecting students with entrepreneurs, business leaders, bankers, & other experienced personalities in a relative field.
Mr. Sagar Koirala, Movers Community Builder, Nepal
Mr. Sagar Koirala is an SDG 13, Climate Change and Youth Activist based in Nepal. He has been advocating for Climate Action and Agenda 2030 since past few years. Winner of Hidden Eco Hero award, Sagar is an aspiring entrepreneur and an agriculture graduate.
Ms. Pratisha Joshi, Aspiring Mover, Nepal
Ms. Pratisha Joshi is currently working as a content creator/writer. She believes change begins from oneself and aspires to bring at least a small change in her lifetime. She is an Aspiring Mover from Nepal.
Workshop Duration: 2 hours
Workshop Cost: Free