Why Movers Workshop on Gender Equality?
- Understand and explain the big picture around SDG 5, its fundamental components and its history.
- Explain the importance of gender equality on society and the impact of inequality.
- Take small actions to support gender equality in your life.
- Connect with youth from around the region within the Movers Community.
- Receive the opportunity to become a Mover and conduct similar Movers Workshops within your own community.
- If you want to share your perspective and experience regarding the topic.
- If you want to listen and understand the situation in different parts of the country.
- If you want to share your ideas and stories.
- If you want to be a responsible citizen and create gender equality awareness in the community
Movers Workshop on SDG 5: Gender Equality is designed to create awareness regarding Gender Equality among people. It is a 2-hour interactive workshop about Gender Equality, initiated by Youth Co: Lab and United Nations Volunteers for the Movers Programme. The workshop will briefly interactively introduce the SDGs 5.
It will also provide an opportunity to learn the aspects of Gender Equality and develop participants to stand up for the activities for the betterment of society; which will also promote the SDGs.
This workshop will help us in developing a broader perspective on gender and equality.
Skills you’ll Learn:
Decision Making Skills
Know your Trainer:
Ms. Dipisha Bhujel
Ms. Dipisha Bhujel is a 19 years old teenager from Nepal, who has been working for five years now in the field of women empowerment, especially in educating young students about menstruation along with menstrual hygiene management (MHM) and gender equality in different places of Nepal. Till today, she has worked with many International and National NGOs, which in a way has helped her to grow as an individual both personally and professionally. She is currently working in NePals e.V., where she together with her team are working to build biodegradable menstrual pads in Nepal and in the meantime educating Nepalese women on various topics of menstruation. She is also a recipient of the Young Women in Public Affairs Award 2020 given by Zonta International. Dipisha believes that it is important for anyone to realize the privilege one has received and utilize it for the upliftment of others who are not privileged enough.
Ms. Sushila Shrestha
Ms. Sushila Shrestha, Operations Manager at Glocal Pvt. Ltd is pursuing her Master’s degree in Social Work at Tribhuvan University. She is experienced working on several national-level organizations in fields of disability, youth, women, and children. Her participation in innumerable workshops, training, and seminars have shaped her to be a ‘professional’. She has represented Nepal in International Youth Exchange Program in Norway as a Youth, Youth Coordinator.
Workshop Duration: 2 hours