Why take this online workshop on Digital Storytelling?
- Digital Storytelling is a relatively new term that describes the new practice of everyday people who use digital tools to tell their story. Digital stories often present in compelling and emotionally engaging formats and can be interactive.
- A digital storyteller can be anyone who has a desire to document life experiences, ideas, or feelings through the use of story and digital media.
What you’ll learn:
- What is storytelling?
- What is narrative? How does it shape perception?
- Who is a storyteller?
- Who is the audience?
- What are the tools of storytelling?
- What caused the paradigm shift?
- Effective use of social media to carry your story forward?
Storytelling is the process of using fact and narrative to communicate something to your audience. Storytelling is an art to present the story you have to the audience. Some stories are factual, and some are embellished or improvised in order to better explain the core message.
This session will help you in understanding the power of storytelling. The free session will be comprised of contents like the concept of storytelling, narrative, about the storyteller and audience; tools for storytelling, and also tips to make your story attractive and informative. The course will also discuss the internet, smartphone, and social media revolution.
Skills you’ll learn:
Know your Trainer:
Mr. Benislos Thushan, is the Founder & Chief Instructor, Digital Storytelling, Sri Lanka.
Course Duration: 2 hours