“Are your online students engaged and learning?”
Why should you participate in this course?
- If you have questions about the effectiveness of your online teaching methods.
- If you want to engage your students online and help them learn.
What you’ll learn?
You will learn how to:
- launch your online class (e., engage students right from the start of lecture)
- receive students’ feedback (e., whether the students are following the lecture and learning)
- get students to ask questions (e., student questions show that students are engaged and learning)
- engage your online students in peer teaching (e., peers helping peers is an effective way to learn)
- get students involved in online activities/active learning (e., without subject-based activities learning, maybe superficial and short term
Teachers are currently using several online tools to deliver their lectures. Concerns have been expressed whether students behind the muted microphones and muted videos are participating during the lesson and learning.
The course is therefore about aiding teachers to address these concerns and adopt pedagogy/andragogy methods that can be effectively delivered online to install student-centered learning methodologies where students feel engaged and motivated. At the end of the online class, the students should have a feeling of satisfaction and come out with the intention to learn more.
This course will not only demonstrate but also guide you to make your virtual classes more engaging, interactive while generating interest among your students. The major course agendas are Engaging Students Online, Assigning Pair Work, and Assessing Learning.
Skills you’ll learn:
Know your Trainer:
Professor Yusuf Mahbubul Islam, Ph.D., former Vice-Chancellor, current Professor of Daffodil International University, and the Chairman of IDOL will be facilitating the workshop.
Educated in the UK, Prof Islam has over 40 years of experience in teaching students. To enhance his teaching skills through the use of technology he did a Master’s in Instructional Design Technology (MIDT) from Open University Malaysia (OUM) where he also became an international facilitator for the subject of Human Performance Technology (HPT) and recognized by his students as the best online teacher. Today’s workshop is a result of years of research in the subject of teaching and learning. He has designed a 3-day workshop for teachers who want to make their online teaching engaging, motivational, and effective. On the 14th of August, 2020, you are invited to enjoy Day 1 of the workshop FREE.
Course Duration: 6 hours (3 days)